Kesavan Institute of Information and Knowledge Management (KIIKM)
Training and Workshops ur
KIIKM has participated in and/or contributed to several workshops, events and training programmes:
- Lectures on automation of libraries to the students of the Masters Degree in Library and Information Science (Ṃ.Ḷ.I.Sc) course at Goa University in 2003.
- Invited talk on Knowledge Management: Paradigms, Opportunities and Challenges under the annual series of talks under the Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science (SRELS), Bangalore in 2004. The lectures have been published as a book with the same title.
- Impact of Web technologies in information management in libraries and information centres at MANAGE, Hyderabad, 2004.
- Invited lectures to students of the post-graduate course on on Informatiom Science of the Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC) of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) at Bangalore, 2005 on Knowledge Management,
- Tutorial on Knowledge Management to participants of the annual NACLIN seminar, Central University of Hyderabad, 2005.
- Guest faculty for the M.L.I.Sc. course at Mysore University for two courses: Personality Development and Communication and Information Retrieval during 2006-2007.
- Tutorial on Infrastructure and Standards for library automation and networking at tha annual NACLIN seminar at PESIT, Bangalore, 2006.
- Tutorial on Metadata and inter-operability standards in library automation and networking at the National Seminar on Best Practices in Libraries sponsored by the National Assessment and Acreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore University, 2006.
- Paper presented on the development of a simple search engine for the AGRIS database at the Asia Pacific Network meeting, Singapore University, 2006.
- Hands-on workshop on NewGenLib Library Management System at the SDM Institute for Management Development (SDM-IMD) Mysore, Feb 2008.
- National Seminar on Standards for Library Automation and Networking, 2008. This seminar was co-sponsored by Bangalore University Library and KIIKM.
- A National Workshop on FLOSS (Free/Libre Open Source Software) based Library Automation with emphasis on hands-on exposure to installing and using India's first open source LMS, NewGenLib at Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), NOIDA (National Capital Region), May 2008.
- Hands-on workshop on Open Source NewGenLib: Meeting local needs with global standards, National Institute of Oceanography (NIO), Dona Paula, Goa, May 2008.
- Hands-on workshop on NewGenLib, Delhi University, June 2008 exclusively for library staff of various libraries in the Delhi University Library System (DULS) and from Institutios affiliated to ICSSR including the National Centre for Social Science Documentation (NASSDOC).
- Nationall Workshop on NewGenLib, Depṭ of Library and Information Science, University of Mysore, March 2009.