- Conduct specialized training and awareness programmes in library, information and knowledge management (KM) and best practices
- Collaborate in seminars/workshops on library, information and knowledge management topics;
- Offer consultancy and advisory services to institutions, government departments, academic institutions planning or implementing information and KM systems;
- Conduct, sponsor or commission studies relating to library, information and knowledge management
- Undertake specific projects on its own or for other organizations in building capacity and/or development of useful software and other resources;
- Develop software, on its own or in association with software development agencies;
- Publish works that are useful to students and teachers and provide a forum for experienced professionals to publish such works
- Publish the results of its work, both in conventional as well as electronic forms; and pursue any other activities within the purview of its stated goals.